Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Can things get worse?

So I bought my $1000 plane ticket to Lithuania the other night, after scrimping and saving every penny that I have. Then 2 days later, my cars dies. lol Can this really be happening to me? So I'm going to have a guy friend of mine pick up a new, stronger battery when he goes to town tomorrow. If this doesn't work for the car, then it's got to be the alternator. Which I really can't afford to get fixed. So my car will have to sit for a couple of months until I can pay to have it looked at. Yay! lol. I'm trying to take everything in stride. Things have come to a painfully slow crawl here at the lodge. Now that the holidays are over, business should be slow. This means less hours, and less tips. Can a person really live off of a $200 paycheck? Is that possible?... Well I guess it is if you don't go spending it all on plane tickets, etc... :D
If anyone would like to contribute to the "Connie's car has bit the dust" fund, let me know. I am now accepting donations. He he he heee....

I'm looking forward to the summer here though. From what I'm told, It's super busy. Lots of overtime and mucho denaro!!! lol (hmmm... did I spell that right)? Oh well...

Today was my only day off this week (I'm not complaining, I need the work). I basically sat around all day online, searching for mechanics and other options for my car.
Tomorrow its back to work again.

If anything else exciting happens, like the forest catches on fire or something, i'll keep you all posted. As always, thanks for checking in.

No comments:

Post a Comment