Sunday, January 25, 2009

Snowing again

So it has been beautiful and sunny almost everyday since Christmas. It started raining a few days ago, and continued to rain for 2 and 1/2 days. The rain then turned into what I like to call slush. That was miserable. A day later, it finally turned into snow. It hasn't stopped snowing yet. At first it wasn't too bad, so I made plans with some friends to go into town after work for movie and some Chinese food. As the day progressed, the snow got heavier, the clouds got thicker and visibility became little-to-none. So needless to say, our trip to town had to be cancelled. I can't risk driving in that kind of weather with the little snow experience I have. So now I'm just hanging out in the EDR (employee dining room), watching tv and messing around on my computer. I'm bored but too lazy to walk out into the blustery snow to go to my cabin. lol. So for now, I'll stay put. :D

10 More days until my trip to Europe! I'm totally stoked! I still have a few thing I'd like to get before I go. Mostly things like travel size shampoo, etc.
I've booked a hotel for the night before my flight (I fly out of San Jose) It comes with 2 weeks of parking which is great. I'll be flying from San Jose to Chicago, from Chicago to Warsaw, Poland, from Poland to Riga, Latvia. So it should be a lot of traveling. :D

I'm looking forward to the summer here, although, I'll miss my new foreign friends when they leave in March.

That's probably one of the things I love the most about these kinds of jobs; you get to meet some great people!

Ok, time for me to move onto something new.

I hope everyone is well and enjoying their new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment