Tuesday, September 8, 2009

New Seasons

Summer has come and gone. It is now September. Slowly, the days are getting shorter and the nights are getting colder. Summer was busy, crazy and stressful, but still it was slower than the year before. No doubt due to the slow economy. This meant more foriegners. And foriegners only tip 10% if they tip at all. Needless to say, I didn't make quite as much as I wanted to this summer.

I'll tell you one thing, the ability of some people to treat us servers the way they do, amazes me. I had a gentleman that after waiting 25 min for his food (mind you, we don't precook anything here..this isn't McDonalds...our food takes time), became very hostile and aggressive with me. Saying things like "I don't need to hear this crap from you"... when I tried to explain that he hadn't been waiting that long (especially since his family had our complimentary bread, drinks and salad while they waited). He also raised his voice again stating, "well that's your job, isn't it" when told that the Roasted 1/2 Chicken he ordered needs to be cooked and that takes about 20 minutes.

Either way, It took every ounce of strength I had to not say "Sir, I don't know where you're used to eating, but this is not Applebees (meaning that vot every item on our menu is frozen and can be fried in just a few short minutes) here is your check, please don't come back!!!!"

I am so ready for winter to come again. Almost everyone is leaving this winter. So it should be mostly new staff members, and only about 20-30 people total. I really loath driving in the snow. It's not like driving in a snowy city. 10 feet deep in snow on a dangerously windy mountain road, in a car that wasn't built for the snow..hmmm. Not fun.

Did I reach my goal and pay off my debt this summer?... Um, sadly, not even close! Which is why I am staying for the winter. I need to buckle down and start saving.

Thank God for my friend Keith, I don't know what I would do up here without him. We remind each other that there is a world off this mountain(which is easy to forget up here).

Well it's time for me to go to work now....Yay!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment