Thursday, December 18, 2008

Going with the Flow

Things are starting to fall into place now. I finally moved into my employee cabin. I love my roommate, she is from Brazil. I also met and made friends with a girl from Argentina, a girl from Malaysia, and a couple from Peru. Today we all crammed into my ice covered car and drove down to the nearest Walmart (2 hours away). lol I started training on Monday and started taking tables that same night. The job is pretty easy. Serving is pretty much the same wherever you go, its just a matter of adjusting to the new environment. I love the people I work with. The kitchen staff is awesome! We have tons of fun! This weekend should be pretty busy as well as Christmas and New Years. I believe the hotel is booked for those weeks, so we will be working hard. Hopefully I can make good tips, because I don't get my first paycheck for another two weeks. So having that tip money would help out. My new friends and I are already planning a trip down to SD. I told them we could stay with my parents (so start cleaning Mom) and I can show them the beach, the Walk of Fame(LA), and possibly Universal S. They all have to return to their countries at the end of February so I want them to experience more of CA than just the snowy mountains. Its still freezing here but it hasn't snowed in a few days so that's good. I was able to dig my car out... Actually I got a few of the bellmen to do it for me. :D They got it done in like 15 min. It would have taken me hours! lol
This morning before we went into town, everyone had to attend this "love your customers" class. It was long and sometimes boring. But I did learn some interesting facts about the company I'm working for, so that was cool. Alright, it's getting late and I need to work tomorrow. Until next time...
Iki (bye in Lithuanian)

No comments:

Post a Comment